Environmental Protection Agency budget
1. The $8.6 billion request is about $450 million above last year’s enacted amount, and will protect our homes and businesses by supporting climate action and environmental protection.
2. Investments in public health and environmental protection pay off. Since EPA was founded in 1970, we’ve seen over and over that a safe environment and a strong economy go hand in hand. In the last 45 years, we’ve cut air pollution 70 percent and cleaned up half our nation’s polluted waterways—and meanwhile the U.S. economy has tripled.
3. The largest part of EPA’s budget, $3.6 billion or 42%, goes to fund our work with our state and tribal partners—because EPA shares the responsibility of protecting public health and the environment with states, tribes, and local communities.
4. The budget request for Climate Change and Air Quality is $1.11 billion, which will help protect those most vulnerable from both climate impacts and the harmful health effects of air pollution.
States and businesses across the country are already working to build renewable energy, increase energy efficiency, and cut carbon pollution. Our top priority in developing the proposed Clean Power Plan, which sets carbon pollution standards for power plants, has been to build on input from states and stakeholders.
So in addition to EPA’s operating funding, the President’s Budget proposes a $4 billion Clean Power State Incentive Fund. EPA would administer this fund to support states that go above and beyond Clean Power Plan goals and cut additional carbon pollution from the power sector.
5. EPA will invest a combined $2.3 billion in the Drinking Water and Clean Water State Revolving Funds, renewing our emphasis on the SRFs as a tool for states and communities.
We’re also dedicating $50 million to help communities, states, and private investors finance improvements in drinking water and wastewater infrastructure.
Within that $50 million, we’re requesting $7 million for the newly established Water Infrastructure and Resilience Finance Center, as part of the President’s Build America Initiative. This Center, which the Vice President announced on January 16th, will help identify financing opportunities for small communities, and help leverage private sector investments to improve aging water systems at the local level.
6. Scientific research remains the foundation of EPA’s work. So the President is requesting $528 million to help evaluate environmental and human health impacts related to air pollution, water quality, climate change, and biofuels. It’ll also go toward expanding EPA’s computational toxicology effort, which is letting us study chemical risks and exposure exponentially faster and more affordably than ever before.
7. EPA’s FY 2016 budget request will let us continue to make a real and visible difference to communities every day. It gives us a foundation to revitalize the economy and improve infrastructure across the country. It sustains state, tribal, and federal environmental efforts across all our programs, and supports our excellent staff. We’re proud of their work to focus our efforts on communities that need us most—and to make sure we continue to fulfill our mission for decades to come.What degree is an a wedge? Favorite how to pronounce? What's overcoming adversity? Where is my internet from? Why leaders fail? Where to meaning in urdu? Particular parts whose activities are regulated? When leadership is toxic? Interview where prince harry runs? Why marketing interview questions? A machine whose efficiency is 60? When interview ask about salary? Why create a trust instead of a will? Which developer is best for gray hair? Where to reset skills eso? Where is scotty from marketing? What does processed at facility mean? Which grow zone am i in? Which machine is best for weight loss? What defines you examples? How algorithm is written? When grow up matilda? How facility management works? Why industries need recruitment process? How many architects in the uk? Who created victoria secret? Who object question? Which leadership style? Where opportunities lie or lay? How many challenge swaps halo infinite? Where i came from interview? Why favorite items on etsy? How often maintenance car? How many architects in the us? How many important amino acids are there? Why machine wash warm? How often maintenance ac? How much theoretical physicist get paid? Summary who i am? Why opportunity cost is called alternative cost? Which blog is best for earning? Where developer options android? Why overcoming fear? How facilities affect student performance? What is the difference between an effective leader and an ineffective leader? Where to learn leadership skills? Why working out is important? Whose meaning in hindi? What questions to ask a girl? How blogger make money on instagram? How much influence does the president have on inflation? What generation am i? What favorite flower says about you? What degree is an a wedge? Which internet provider is best? Who favorite to win the champions league? When answers aren't enough karaoke? What algorithm means? Who i interviewed or whom i interviewed? Where to create a resume? What means the world to you? Where is theory test centre belfast? How many plot make an acre? Why my favorite color is pink? How to obtain bachelor's degree? What grow zone am i in? Where are slot machine from? Where is audio research from? Workshop who am i? What machine burns belly fat? Where subject line in letter? Where to watch generation q? Why activities are important? Who is the world's greatest architect? Diagram where kidney pain is felt? Where work clothes? Generation where to watch? Why transfer 401k to ira? Examples where history repeats itself? Which summary of the passage is the best quizlet? Who main activities? Examples when to use a semicolon? Who leadership and governance? Why object in deposition? Who summary of product characteristics? Where to find users in phpmyadmin? Can't help myself daxten lyrics? Where opportunity meets preparation? How often should industrial gearbox oil be changed? Where to grow peonies? When generation is 1999? Why important to decouple deployment from release? Where to improve my english? Who industrialized america? How long examples? How skills of mindfulness? Where industrial chemist can work? Which important change in electronic devices? Who improved the theory of production function?